Some companies are marketing COVID policies or bundling them in with flight purchases, but here's why we think our policy is better than most of what's out there. With Goose's Pandemic Policy:
- coverage applies worldwide, provided you are more than 200km from your principal residence (or when outside your province of residence, if you live close to a provincial border). Other policies we've compared against do not provide coverage if you travel to certain parts of the world, including the US, Central or South America, or certain parts of Europe.
- our coverage limit is $500,000; similar policies provide only $100-$200k
- coverage lasts for a year, providing coverage for an unlimited number of trips of up to 30-days at a time (extensions are available for longer trips, for an additional premium). Coverage is not tied to the purchase of one particular flight, and applies whether you fly or drive to your destination, which is not the case with most other policies.
- This is a stand-alone policy and can be purchased to complement any regular Emergency Travel Medical insurance (either one from Goose, or from another provider).
- we offer the flexibility of insuring just 1 individual, or protecting the entire family on a reduced Family Rate (minimum 3 people, with up to 2 adults over the age of 18 and at least 1 child under 21).