People are more aware than they've ever been about the impact of communicable diseases on international travel. The vast majority of Emergency Travel Medical policies are not providing coverage for COVID-19-related medical expenses while travelling abroad, especially with government advisories in place warning against international travel.
Goose & MSH's new COVID-19 Pandemic policy addresses this gap in travel insurance policies.
- It is an annual policy with a single premium based on your age and smoking status, and covers you for multiple trips.
- You can take off as often as you want throughout the year, on trips of up to 30 days each.
- Get quotes and purchase this coverage directly in the Goose app for mobile devices.
- Extensions of coverage are available for longer trips upon request and for additional premium. (You currently need to speak with a Goose Agent to add any extensions for trips longer than 30 days).
- Insurance is underwritten by Lloyd's, and claims are administered by MSH International Ltd.*
HOW IT WORKS:
If a traveller (more than 15 days old and less than 75 years of age) happens to contract COVID-19 while travelling more than 200 km away from their principal residence (or simply outside their home province if they're close to a border) and needs emergency medical care as a result, this policy provides up to $500,000 to pay for those eligible medical expenses. The $500k coverage limit is per insured traveller, per trip and covers you anywhere in the world that is more than 200 km from your principal residence, or outside your home province. Simple as that.
Additionally, this policy will provide coverage against other pandemics that may arise in future.
This can be purchased on an individual basis or as a Family plan (minimum 3 people, with up to 2 adults over the age of 18 and at least 1 child under 21).
PLEASE NOTE that this does not provide coverage for non-COVID-related emergency medical expenses - you'll still need an Emergency Travel Medical insurance policy to cover other events that might occur during your trip, like food poisoning, broken bones, heart attacks, etc.
Of course, there are some conditions, limitations and exclusions, like all insurance policies; these can be found by reviewing the full policy wordings, here. Get this policy TODAY in the Goose mobile app - safe travels!
About MSH International
* A trusted provider of customized health and travel insurance, special risk solutions and assistance since 1946, MSH International (Americas) is attuned to the unique needs of globally mobile individuals and businesses. Through the diversity and strength of its team, MSH provides 24-hour in-house emergency assistance, online capabilities, marketing and communications expertise and multilingual travel support to clients, empowering them to travel confidently to any destination. MSH is an independent broker, third party administrator and proud Lloyd’s coverholder.
Other related questions: