In order to be eligible for the Life products you must meet the following requirement at the time of application:
- Become a Goose Member*
- Must be residing in Canada as either a:
- Canadian Citizen /Permanent Resident (Someone who is a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, has a primary residence in Canada, and enrolled in a provincial health care plan);
- Temporary Resident (Someone in possession of a valid study or work permit, and enrolled in a provincial health care plan)
After first signing up as a Goose member and completing your profile, you become eligible to purchase these products on a Guaranteed Acceptance basis for the first 30 days after signup, meaning you will not need to fill out the health questionnaire to confirm eligibility during this initial period.
Future Guaranteed Acceptance periods may be offered on a promotional basis.
*As a Goose member, both you and your spouse are eligible to apply for the life products. Even if YOU choose not to apply, your spouse is still eligible.
Spouse means the legal spouse of a member or residing in a marriage-like relationship with the member for at least 12 consecutive months.
Note: Goose is currently not offering dependent children Term Life (Life) and CI.
When does coverage terminate?
When you purchase any of our Group Life insurance products such as Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, and Cancer Insurance, coverage will end on the earliest of the following dates:
- The July 1st following the date you reach age 70;
- The end of the month if you were to submit a written request to cancel your insurance;
- 30 days after Goose does not receive payment of your monthly premium
- Or the date the Group Master Policy between Goose and iA Financial Group terminates;
- For your spouse’s Life Insurance - the earliest of any of the above or the end of the policy year following the date they reach age 70, or the end of the month in which they no longer qualify as a "spouse.”