There are several important limitations and exclusions to be aware of:
- Any Covered Condition or AdvanceCare Benefit Condition diagnosed prior to the effective date of coverage is excluded. In addition, no benefit will be paid if the CI or Cancer Insurance Covered Condition was a result of attempted suicide, self-inflicted injury, alcohol or drug abuse, taking poison or inhaling gas, war or armed forces service, or participation in a criminal act.
- An Insured Member will not be entitled to a benefit payment if a diagnosis of Cancer is made within 90 days of purchasing this coverage, or if, within this 90-day period, they had any signs, symptoms or investigations leading to a diagnosis of Cancer (regardless of when the diagnosis is made). The diagnosed condition will not be considered a Covered Condition for such an individual, but the insurance can remain in force for the other listed conditions.
- No benefit will be payable if the following activities cause paralysis, blindness, deafness, severe burns, stroke, coma, or loss of limbs, whether engaged in by amateurs or professionals:
- bungee jumping
- B.A.S.E. jumping
- cliff diving
- mountain climbing
- motor vehicle racing or speed competition on land and/or water
- underwater activities, including scuba diving or snuba diving.
Please see the Goose Critical Illness Benefit Summary for complete details, or contact a Licensed Agent for more information.
Article is closed for comments.