You have 10 days starting from the application date to review your Policy to ensure it meets your Insurance needs. To cancel your Policy, you must contact Goose Insurance Services (either send an email to email@example.com or click on your Policy in the Goose App and select 'Cancel Policy')
If Cancellation is requested after the effective date of the policy, a $25 Minimum & Retained Premium may be applicable.
BEFORE the effective date (Medical, Baggage, stand-alone Trip Interruption):
A full refund is available for policies providing medical coverage, baggage or standalone Trip Interruption coverage, provided the cancellation request is made before the effective date and no travel has taken place (Note that there are different rules when 'Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption' is included on a policy - see below).
For Trip Interruption coverage, a full refund is available ONLY if cancelled prior to the effective/departure date of the policy.
BEFORE the effective date ('Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption' together):
For Trip Cancellation, NO REFUND is available after the policy is purchased except in exceptional cases, as follows:
- The tour operator (airline etc.) cancels the trip and all penalties are waived; or,
- You cancel the trip prior to the effective date of any cancellation penalties; or,
- The tour operator changes the travel date and if you are unable to travel on the new dates, the tour operator waives all cancellation penalties.
A completed & signed refund form must be submitted, along with proof/confirmation that the tour operator has waived any cancellation penalties. For example - a copy of the contract outlining cancellation terms or a statement/letter from the tour operator
AFTER the effective date (where travel has taken place) (applicable to Medical Plans & Baggage)
Partial refund may be available if travel has taken place and the following applies:
- Traveller returns from trip before expiry date of policy.
- Traveller does not have a claim
- Proof of early return is provided to Goose (i.e. Boarding pass or airline ticket showing early return, passport stamp, duty free receipt, etc), and Refund Request form is
- Note: If policy premium is $25 or less, no refund will be processed
- Policies with claim submitted are not eligible for partial refund
AFTER the effective date (where NO travel has taken place) (applicable to Medical Plans & Baggage)
Again, partial refund may be available (less the $25 minimum and retained premium) if no travel has taken place and the following applies:
- Cancelled on or after effective date of the policy and after 10 days of the application date (after 10-day free look) and request is within 1 year of expiry date.
- If policy premium is $25 or less, no refund will be processed
Please contact a Goose Agent if more information is required: 1-888-374-6673