Provided you haven't left for your trip, you're eligible for a refund on most of our single trip travel policies. Policies issued on an annual basis or ones that include Trip Cancellation are treated a little differently however.
To cancel your Policy, you must contact Goose Insurance Services (either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on your Policy in the Goose App and select 'Cancel Policy').
As long as your policy has not become effective, you are eligible for a full refund of your premiums for baggage, stand-alone trip interruption and emergency travel medical insurance.
For Trip Cancellation, you have 10 days starting from the date you bought your policy to review the documents and ensure it meets your needs. As long as no travel has taken place, a full refund is available in the 10 days from the application date of the Policy (the date of purchase). After that 10-day 'free-look' period (and prior to the planned departure date), a refund subject to the $25 minimum retained premium is available when the trip is cancelled before any penalties from the travel supplier apply.
- For multi-trip annual policies, if the policy has already become effective and you have travelled on it, it is non-refundable.
Refunds are not available if a claim has been or will be submitted.
AFTER the effective date (where travel has taken place) (applicable to Emergency Medical Plans & Baggage Insurance optional coverage)
Partial refund may be available if travel has taken place and the following applies:
- Traveller returns from trip before expiry date of policy.
- Traveller does not have a claim
- Proof of early return is provided to Goose (i.e. Boarding pass or airline ticket showing early return, passport stamp, duty free receipt, etc), and Refund Request form is completed.
- Note: If policy premium is $25 or less, no refund will be processed.
- Policies with claim submitted are not eligible for partial refund.
AFTER the effective date (where NO travel has taken place) (applicable to Emergency Medical Plans & Baggage Insurance optional coverage)
Again, partial refund may be available (less the $25 minimum and retained premium) if no travel has taken place and the following applies:
- Cancelled on or after effective date of the policy and after 10 days of the application date (after 10-day free look) and:
- before the expiry date of the Policy (for single trip plans),
- but within 90 days from the effective date of the policy (for multi-trip annual plans).
- If policy premium is $25 or less, no refund will be processed.
Please contact a Goose Agent if more information is required: 1-888-374-6673
Refund Request Form is attached.