Technology is speeding up many tasks in insurance, but Claims-processing still has a ways to go. While we're working to improve the digitization of the claims process, many Provincial healthcare providers still require original signatures and original bills, requiring travellers to print and mail completed forms. Since our Claims Administrator coordinates with these providers on your behalf to keep claims costs (and premiums) low, we're forced to jump through their hoops to some extent until they modernize.
Here's how you can help speed up the approval process:
• Forms should be returned as soon as possible to Claims at TuGo (The company that takes care of all of our claims requires original forms and bills to complete the claims process fairly and accurately.
• All bills must be original (not copies... keep the copies for yourself), itemized, and include:
- Patient’s name
- Date(s) of service
- Amount charged
- Type of service/diagnosis
Common Reasons for Claim Delays
- Claims at TuGo wasn’t notified quickly – 50% of claim forms are not returned within 30 days
- Claim forms missing information – e.g., signatures, address, trip dates
- Delay by 3rd parties in providing information: doctors, hospitals, airlines, etc.
In all instances, travellers have to submit original, signed claim forms and requested documentation, such as itemized bills, etc.