All content on the Site is made available only for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use in connection with seeking insurance. Use of the Platform by a competitor company or other non-consumer third party is prohibited.
Except as expressly mandated by law, you may not, without our prior written permission:
- post, transmit, copy, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, sell, or republish anything you obtain or download from the Platform; or,
- engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Platform.
Copyrights and trademarks
Our products and services
The information and materials provided on the Platform are intended for general reference only, and may not describe all terms, conditions, exclusions, and exceptions applicable to Goose’s products and services. All coverages are subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the insurance policies issued. Coverages and their availability may vary by province and your circumstances, and additional minimum coverage limits may be required in your province. The products and services offered on the Platform are only available in the jurisdictions in which Goose is properly licensed.
Privacy and passwords
Some portions of the Platform are protected and require a user identification code (“User ID”) and password for access. Unauthorized access or use of such portions of the Platform is prohibited. You agree that you will notify Goose immediately if you believe that a third party has obtained your User ID or password, or if you believe that any unauthorized access or use may occur or has occurred. For your protection, if Goose believes that any unauthorized access may occur or has occurred, Goose may terminate such access without prior notice to you. You also agree that Goose is permitted to act upon any instructions received using your User ID and password and to consider such instructions as authorized by you.
Disclaimer of warranties
All information, products, content and other materials in the Platform, accessible from the Platform, or in a Third-Party Website are provided “as is” and without warranties or representations of any kind, either express or implied. This means that Goose expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of title and non-infringement and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Also, Goose does not represent or warrant that:
- the operation of the Platform will be error-free or uninterrupted;
- defects will be corrected;
- the Platform, any emails sent by Goose, or the server that makes the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful devices;
- the Platform will be available to you or that you will qualify for products or services offered;
- the materials in the Site will be accurate as of any particular date; or,
- the products or services offered through the Site are available outside of the United States or in jurisdictions in which Goose is not properly licensed.
If you are in a state that does not allow a disclaimer of implied warranties, the above disclaimer or a portion of it may not apply to you.
Limitation of liability
Goose shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, or claim, nor any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, whether such action is based on tort, contract, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise and even if Goose has been advised of the possibility of such damages, which arises out of or relates in any way to:
- the Platform, materials on the Platform, or the inability to use the Platform;
- any Third-Party Website, materials in any Third-Party Website, or the inability to use any Third-Party Website;
- any defect, omission, error, interruption, delay, or computer virus; or,
- except because of Goose’s gross negligence or intentional actions, the unauthorized alteration of or access to your transmissions or personal data.
If you are in a province that does not allow the limitation of liability for certain damages, the above limitation of liability or a portion of it may not apply to you. However, you agree in any event that Goose’s total liability for all damages, losses, injuries, or claims of any kind or nature shall be limited to the amount you have paid to access the Platform.
Jurisdiction, enforceability, and termination