Your provincial health plan pays a limited amount for a hospital stay; definitely not enough to protect you if travelling in the US. Additional medical expenses such as, ambulance costs, dental emergencies, repatriation, and prescribed drugs are not covered at all.
Articles in this section
- I've been diagnosed with Cancer - will this affect my coverage?
- Can I buy insurance if I have an existing medical condition?
- Can I buy medical insurance if I’m travelling while I’m pregnant?
- Can I buy Travel Insurance if I’ve already left the country?
- Do I need to be covered by my province’s health insurance plan to buy Travel Insurance?
- Do I need to buy individual policies for myself and my children?
- Do I need to complete a health questionnaire?
- How might the use of cannabis impact an emergency travel medical claim with Goose?
- I have travel insurance through my credit card. Do I still need to purchase extra coverage?
- Is there a deductible on my Travel Insurance Policy?